7,725 Likes 213 Dislikes
Hotdog recipe, coney island chili dog recipe
Here is a very close replica to the famous "Coney Island" chili dog from Michigan. I really enjoyed this dog, and hope you give it a try. I also hoped you have enjoyed my hot dog series, and I will be posting more hot dogs to this playlist in time, but this will be the last one for now. I have other projects I need to get started on. Enjoy :)
I have had a few people ask me about the onion chopper I'm using in this video. You can order it from Amazon.com by following this link: http://amzn.to/12SxTc7
Onions 1 , finely chopped
96% lean ground beef 1 Pound
Garlic 2 Clove (10 gm), chopped
Oil 1 Tablespoon
Chili powder 2 Tablespoon
Cumin powder 1 Tablespoon
Water 1 Cup (16 tbs)
Canned tomato paste 6 Ounce (1 Can)
Salt 1⁄2 Teaspoon
Prepared yellow mustard 1 Tablespoon
Worcestershire sauce 1 Tablespoon
Brown sugar 2 Teaspoon
FOR OTHER INGREDIENTS
Frankfurter sausages 6
Hot dog buns 6
Mustard sauce 6 Tablespoon
Chopped onion 3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)
1. Heat oil in a pan and stir in ground beef. Add half of the chopped onions, chopped garlic and let it cook.
2. When the meat changes color and starts to release water, add chili powder and cumin powder. Mix and cook for 3 more minutes.
3. Pour in water and tomato paste, blend it well. Season with salt.
4.Thereafter mix in prepared yellow mustard, worcestershire sauce and brown sugar. Let it simmer for 5 minutes or until of desired thickness. Keep the chili aside.
For buns and frankfurters
5. Steam the frankfurters for 4 minutes. In the same steamer, place the hot dog buns and steam for a couple of minutes.
6. Place a frankfurter in the middle of the bun, cover the sausage with chill. Drizzle some mustard sauce over the top and garnish with chopped onions. Repeat with the rest of the buns and enjoy.
Calories 570 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44%
Saturated Fat 8.5 g42.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.1 mg
Sodium 1446.4 mg60.3%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.2%
Sugars 12.1 g
Protein 33 g67%
Vitamin A 42.6% Vitamin C 25.1%
Calcium 30.8% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
You can also connect with me on FaceBook & Twitter!
"Music courtesy of Audio Network"